Skip to content

Britain First leader arrested after Justice For Chelsey march and rally in Sunderland

Jayda Fransen, 31, one of the leaders of Britain First, a BNP splinter group, which has held a number of marches and demonstrations across the country since it was founded in 2011, was arrested by Northumbria Police in Sunderland city centre after a march and rally in support of the Justice For Chelsey campaign on Saturday, the 14th of October.

In another welcome display of white working class solidarity, over one hundred people, young and old, men, women and children, mainly from the east end of the city, marched through the city centre to hold a rally outside the pub where a group of Muslim men from Iraq, Syria and Bahrain allegedly drugged Chelsey Wright, 26, a local women and mother of three, then took her to a nearby house and raped her before she eventually managed to escape the following morning.

Although the local police initially made arrests after the incident, the Crown Prosecution Service declined to charge any of the Muslims, and have maintained that position even after they were forced to review the case by a barrister hired by supporters of the campaign.

A number of demonstrations and rallies have since taken place in the city, despite the obvious hostility of Northumbria Police and the local Labour-dominated council.

Chief Supt Ged Noble of Northumbria Police said: “We are aware there is a planned protest in Sunderland over the weekend of 14th October. This is despite the conclusion of the victim’s right to review process, following an investigation into allegations of a rape in Peel Street last September…… Northumbria Police has completed an extensive investigation, conducted extensive forensic examinations, taken numerous witness statements and reviewed comprehensive CCTV footage….The evidence that was presented and considered by the CPS simply does not substantiate claims that have been made. This has been independently reviewed and now all legal avenues of appeal have been exhausted.”

He continued: “It has been said that prosecutions were not pursued because of polical correctness…This could not be further from the truth….These protests cannot change the legal position and are being driven by individuals who are fully aware of this.”

However, due to police cover-ups and incompetence over Muslim grooming and rape gangs in various parts of the country, including Newcastle upon Tyne, which is also part of the Northumbria Police area, Anne Marie Waters, a leadership contender in the recent UKIP leadership race, Tommy Robinson, the former English Defence League leader, and a former Newcastle city councillor, Brian Moore, have all spoken at protests in support of the campaign.

Britain First

Jayda Fransen, and another Britain First leader, Paul Golding, 35, a former BNP councillor, were arrested in May this year and charged with religiously aggravated harassment after videos were shared online during a trial of Muslim gang rapists at Canterbury Crown Court, in Kent, in the south east of England. The trial involved three Muslim men and a teenager who were eventually convicted of rape and jailed. Last month, they both skipped bail and left the country. They were later pictured with fellow nationalists across Europe, who pledged to support their campaign for justice, before returning home last week.

During the march, it became apparent that Jayda Fransen was among the marchers, and a large police presence took steps to arrest her which led to scuffles with a number of marchers.

As this happened, Chelsey Wright, who had been leading the march, was swiftly removed from the march by the police and tension began to mount as the marchers reached the rally area outside the pub in the city centre.

As police began to make plans to arrest Jayda, a small group of supporters surrounded her as she made a speech welcoming the support she had received and the condemning the local police for their actions over the growing Muslim rape scandal in the city.

As the rally came to an end, the small group around Jayda attempted to leave the rally area prompting further scuffles with police and increasingly angry scenes.

After a brief standoff, she eventually allowed herself to be arrested and was roughly handled by the arresting officers, who quickly surrounded her, prompting further angry scenes.

As the police blocked a nearby street, two police horses then appeared, prompting angry chants of “Shame” and Traitors” from the remaining crowd.

Jayda was then taken to a nearby police station. A small group of supporters later demonstrated outside the police station. In due course, she will be returned to Kent and remanded in custody after breaching her bail conditions.

So far, the local and national media have refrained from reporting on the arrest of Britain First leader, Jayda Fransen, in Sunderland yesterday, though there has been a large amount of comment on social media.

Apparently, Paul Golding was also in the city centre, but managed to evade arrest and remains at large.